"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Monday, February 7, 2011

What Happens When Paige Is In A Car. . .

Today, I had to go shopping because our family has great cause to celebrate, and it's almost Valentine's Day (Tanner's birthday). Anyway, Katie was working at her new job at Costa Vida - the Mexican burrito - and Tanner couldn't come because I was going to get his birthday present and that would just ruin the surprise. . .duh. Obviously, Ryan was my choice companion for this excursion.
The weather today was BEAUTIFUL!! It was snowing so hard you couldn't see the road from the front door of your house. The wind was seriously hurricane force, whipping the weightless snowflakes in every which direction - creating some of the most beautiful images. SO SUE ME, I like the snow, okay? The only problem is that my poor little Denton - the Car - would have been blown off the road. So I talked my mom into letting me borrow my dad's SUV. It's big, powerful, and has a most excellent sound system.
The only downside to this car is that my dad self designed it, so it's got ever accessory known to man - except the alcohol fridge. Every accessory is operated by a button - so the dashboard is about as wide as Denton - the Car - and I can honestly tell you I only know what about half of them do. Ryan, being much much more knowledgeable about cars than I am - not that THAT'S hard - loves it. On our way to Wal*Mart, he started pushing buttons and trying to figure out what it did.
Well, he decided to press this button that sent a resounding beep throughout the car. Okay, so it probably wasn't all that loud, but when the unexpected beep - usually the sign that something is wrong with the car - rang through the car, I freaked out. Of course, Ryan knows that - even if we are in my DAD'S car - nothing is wrong, so he found my reaction rather funny. His characteristic laugh ripped through his lips, as I sat in the drivers seat hyperventilating.
"HAHA, don't worry, Paige," he said. "I just turned off the stability."
Oh. That makes sense. . . NOT.
"Ry, we are in my dad's car," I said.
He just laughed harder and hit the same button again. My reaction must have been hilarious though because a minute or two later he pushes the button again, getting the same reaction.
This post just goes to show that even if we know all of the ways we know to 'push each other's buttons,' we can still be the amazing friends that we are.
Moments Like These

No comments:

Post a Comment