"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Worst bunch of Pirates you'll ever meet!




Its no secret that I am the plotter and I bare my title with pride! Tonight was one of my better ideas if I do say so myself. Paige has been out of town for pretty much the entire Christmas Break, but that wasn't going to stop me! I've been wanting to do something worth telling about for a VERY long time.

Maddy Taylor -The Little Samurai- and I decided last night that we were going to finally live up to one of the quotes on the blog: "My next door neighbor just hoisted the Jolly Roger, I think that means they commandeered the neighborhood." however we did not commandeer a neighborhood. Our story begins with Maddy and I trying to find the Jolly Roger. Shockingly enough it is rather hard to find a pirate flag at the end of December. After trudging our way through three different party/toy stores (and not to mention the treasure chest and aloha bubbly gum coins that we picked up on the way) we found ourselves at the mall, turns out that unique gifts carry's pirate flags, who knew! We gathered our things and broke for a few hours, only to be reunited by the blasted snow storm. After dressing in our very sexy pirate apparel we set out.

As any good Plotter knows the outcome of every adventure can be pretty much marked by the first five minutes, and Maddy and I were not off to a good start; we couldn't even get the gate open to leave my backyard! After wrestling with the gate for a while we hobbled our way to her car, only to find that her keys were missing. We make the worst pirate team of all freaking time! Lucky for us Maddy keeps an extra set of car keys in her martial arts bag. Everything we thought was sure to be smooth sailing from there.

We began our commandeering by stealing the beloved Harry Potter books from their shrine and hiding them behind some other books, then we set sail on her bed! Every good pirate knows that you must set sail to find your buried treasure, but there was a slight problem, we didn't have a map. So being the cunning teenage pirates we are, we simply made one on the spot. During the map making process, we suddenly heard footsteps echoing from the upstairs. My heart plunged into my stomach! I honestly thought we were dead.
A voice rang from upstairs,"Hello?" the voice of a male carried downstairs.
"Hey," I responded shaking, "We are Paige's two best friends!" I figured that no matter what I said I would most likely end up attempting to explain to the cops that I wasn't in fact stealing anything but I was honestly the best friend of one the girls who lived here. But it was worth a try.
"Katie?" The voice said shocked.
Suddenly Taylor -Captain Jack- appeared from the 'secret staircase', a look of utter bewilderment on his face. My heart slowed just a bit, but I then realized how ridiculous Maddy and I looked, dressed like pirates without Paige being home.
"Hey Taylor!" Maddy exclaimed.
"What are you doing?" He asked edging toward the two of us.
"Commandeering Paige's room!" I said with my classic plotting smile.
"Can I join?!" A smile slid across his face.
"Of course! We'll just have to write you into our story."

We were suddenly off again with Taylor as a mate on our adventure! To make things better he brought his Ipod which had the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack on it! We ventured onward for a few hours more, and successfully commandeered Paige's room by hoisting the Jolly Roger above her bed. To make things even better all 85 pictures made it on facebook!

Moments Like These

No comments:

Post a Comment