"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Pagan Series: Part Two

In the olden days, when Ryan was still Birdie-less, I - the Driver - ended up driving him, and everyone else, everywhere. I never had any problem with it, it was kind of fun actually - the experiences have added many a story to the history of Denton the Dented.
One of these days, Katie and I pulled up to Ryan's house to pick him up for something and found that he was not yet home. So, being Katie and I, we ended up taking a walk around his neighborhood. We headed down the street, not really realizing that we were, in fact, headed directly toward the Pagan House. As you have read, in Part One of this surreptitious series, the Pagan's house frightens us greatly. However, that statement doesn't even begin to cover the way we feel about the people that call that haunted house home.
Unbeknownst to Katie and I, these demented dwellers had ventured out into the unkempt jungle that was their lawn - and we were much too close to the boundary line. I glanced up and experienced a thrill that left my heart beating in my throat when I realized the Pagans were out and about.
"Uh, Kate?" I asked, nodding discreetly in their direction.
Her face went white and she looked away determined not to make eye contact with any of them.
"Geez, I didn't know that Pagans could come out in the sun," I muttered. "They're not even steaming or anything."
Katie had to hide her laughter until we made it around the corner so as not to bring the attention of these nocturnal neighbors to us. As soon as were out of ear shot her cackle echoed across the skies as I pulled out my phone to text Ryan: Woah! Apparently Pagan's can come out in the sunlight!
When Ryan finally ended up at his house he demanded an explanation and, naturally, Katie and I were more than ready to fill him in on the latest of our encounters with the paranormal.
Moments Like These

No comments:

Post a Comment