"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"OH! Sorry to disturb you. . . "

It has long since been made known that Tanner and I can be just a tad flirtatious at times, sadly some of these moments have turned really embarrassing! My favorite from the plethora of times deals with the white couch in my basement, it was a Sunday afternoon. Tanner had got off from IMAX -The eater of Tanners summer- early; as was customary he was at my house for the afternoon and evening.

My dear Mumzi's side of the family was also paying us a visit that day. Tanner and I decided to take our conversation to a more private setting, so we headed down stairs to the white couch. I was sprawled out as usual on one end under a blanket, Tanner was on the other end sitting up. For a reason only Heaven knows he decided to lunge across the couch! Before I had the time to react my blanket was halfway across the basement and Tanner was on top of me tickling my very soul from me!

Just as he landed on me, my uncle Carlisle -Mumzi's dear younger brother- entered the room. I was screaming, Tanner was on top of me, which was all that Carlisle -Mumzi's dear younger brother- had to see.

"OH!" the shock in his voice permeated the room, "I'm sorry to disturb you. . . " he edged awkwardly out of the room and scuttled his way back up the stairs. Tanner and I stopped dead in our efforts, his to tickle me, and mine to shove him off of me. We looked at each other and died laughing.

Moments Like These.

No comments:

Post a Comment