"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Monday, November 15, 2010

From Vampires to Three-Somes

“Mandi!” (-The Gothic Manager) I whined over the radio.  “Can Katie and I leave since there’s no movie playing?”  It was the second day after the midnight shows for Twilight: Eclipse, and we were sitting over at the dinosaur museum three hours early, and we wanted to go home. Now.

“Tanner, you stay for a couple more minutes, Katie, you can leave now. Just make sure you’re back in two hours.” she replied. Katie cheered, and I suggested that we go to Zupas to have lunch during this two-hour “break”.

“YEAH! Let’s bring Ryan along too!” Katie exclaimed (Paige was working at that time). Katie asked if she could take my car to pick up Ryan, and after a little lecture on the proper care of my car, I (hesitantly) agreed, and off she went with my keys.

-Ten minutes later-

“Okay, where’s my car?” I asked. Katie just snickered, I knew I was in for something. Katie then pointed out the back door toward my car. I looked out to see my car parked out beyond Canada, Russia, and Narnia. I turned to her, glared, called her a whore, and lead the trek out to my car.

Finally, Ryan, Katie and myself were all sitting down in Zupas talking, eating, and just enjoying life. Suddenly, me and Katie got into a tickling war (something very common with us) and she kicked me out of the booth onto the floor. It must have looked like I fell off, because an employee, shocked, ran over to my aid. “Are you okay, sir?”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I was able to squeeze out between fits of laughter. She asked again if I was okay, so I reassured her that I was alright. She continued to ask if I was alright, and finally I convinced her that I was just fine. I stood up, sat back in the booth, and bust up laughing again.

“Are you okay?” Katie mocked. We all laughed and continued eating (after I tickled Katie a couple more times for revenge). After we had got over the fact that I fell off the bench, Katie said “Haven’t you guys noticed that we always seem to go on these little ‘dates’?”

“Yeah,” Ryan and I agreed. “It’s almost like a three-some,” I said in a joking manner. Katie and Ryan laughed (if you haven’t noticed, we laugh a lot), and it seemed that it was true. We always did go on dates with each other. But, despite that fact, nothing could have prepared us (by ‘us’ I mean Katie and myself) for what was about to happen next.

“Wait, so you’re also dating him?” Katie yelled at Ryan, pointing her angry finger at me.

“We’re having a three-some, I though you were okay with this!” Ryan almost screamed. After half a second of silence, Katie and myself started crying from how hard her and I were both laughing. Never, in a million years, did Katie or I expect to hear anything like that, especially from Ryan. All three of us could not stop laughing for quite a few minutes (it hurt). Whenever the laughter started to die, one of us would just repeat “We’re having a three-some,” just to make us start laughing again.

This has become one of the most well known inside jokes within our group, and still, do this day, you can see Katie, Ryan, and me laughing at the most memorable quote from our experience working during the Twilight movies.

Moments Like These...

No comments:

Post a Comment