"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Saturday, July 24, 2010

From Driving to Stripping

Ever since Katie brought Ryan into the group, he has instantly become one of our best friends. We pretty much hang out with him every day and invited him to all of our crazy activities (trust me, there have been a LOT more than what's been seen here on this blog). In fact we all take credit in knowing that we brought out Ryan's crazy side... and it's not going away.

The night before Toy Story 3 was to be released to the world, The Workplace decided to put on a party giving us all the chance to see the movie before anyone else. All four of us were working that day, however Ryan and myself clocked off before Paige and Katie. I suggested that we hang out for the next few hours, and next thing I know me and Ryan are driving around all of Utah County just talking. It's getting to be about 10pm -two hours before the movie- when I suggest that we go to Starbucks -The Palace of the Dead Birthday Cake- so I could get something to keep me up for the movie. Ryan agreed, so we both went in to order.

Me and Ryan have this routine fight that we do every time he and I go out to eat; we fight over who pays. I insisted that I pay for both of us, to which Ryan disagreed. After professional and kind shoutings from my mouth of "I WILL CUT YOU!" and "YOU WHORE, LET ME PAY!!!!!!" I gave up. I stood at the counter, ordered my drink, paid, and thought of a way to pay back Ryan. I instantly remembered the remaining cash in my wallet. Right after Ryan paid, I took out a five dollar bill and handed it to Ryan. He shouted "NO!" and shoved the money back at me.

Knowing Ryan would never accept the money, I thought of the next best thing. Next thing I know I'm jumping at Ryan, pulling on his collar, and throwing money down his shirt. Ryan screamed while trying to catch the money that I knew he would throw back at me. However, he was struggling a little bit. Finally he just shouted, in this public coffee shop, in front of the four employees and the ten or so customers. The words shouted and echoed across the halls: "GAH! Tanner, you make me feel like a stripper!!!"

I lost it. I just bust up laughing at the most awkward, yet the most hilarious words I have ever heard come out of that kid's mouth. I could feel the eyes of everyone in that building staring right at us, but I didn't even care. I'm sure all anyone saw as a sixteen year old male stripper and his eighteen year old pimp rolling on the floor.

Moments like these

No comments:

Post a Comment