"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Friday, August 20, 2010

Thank You

Hey, I'm a cruddy poet, but I think this fits, this is to you guys:
Night after night, I lay alone
Racking my brain ‘til dawn.
Trying to find the right words.
Emotions have never been easy for me,
But there’s something inside that burns like a flame,
When I realize how lucky I am.
I count you among my family,
Those people I can’t live without.
You’ve raised me higher than I ever thought -
Helped me climb when my passion was lost.
I can’t even begin to thank you enough,
The right words have yet to be found.
I feel them within my beating heart,
Still beating - all thanks to you.
Whatever happens to us,
Whichever way we go,
I know these words will be true.
This love that I feel could fill libraries,
If I could only write it down.
But when scouring my brain,
Only two words I find:
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment