"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." - Christion Morgenstern
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." -J.K. Rowling

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Most Amazing Car Chase EVER SEEN!

School had started which meant that the times of the Fantastic Four were only going to become few and far in between. Needless to say, it had been two weeks and I was going crazy without my friends - literally. After two weeks for school, there was finally a Friday where all four of us were open - naturally, a celebration ensued. Ryan had recently asked me to redesign his room - because his older brother moved out and everybody seems to think I have a flair for interior design - and he hadn't ever seen a personal favorite of Katie, Tanner, and I's Better Off Dead, staring John Cusack. So I planned to drag everyone up to Ikea to search for the right kind of lights and things for his room, and then rendezvous at my house for the movie. I'd cleared the day with my mom, and had even gone out and rented the movie because my copy had decided to finagle with a cruddy DVD player and had come out too scratched to function.
Katie and I were waiting for the guys at her house, and they were taking FOREVER!! Minutes turned into half-hours, half hours turned into hours and our trip to Ikea went farther and farther into the realm of the not happening. Finally, Katie and I got tired of waiting, and decided to venture to Ryan's house - though Katie stepped into my shoes as the Driver when slid into her car, Death - Eater of Humans. They came out of the house right as we pulled up, so we stayed in the car and they came to greet us. Or so they thought.
Katie kept Death's - Eater of Humans - doors firmly locked and laughed as Ryan tried, in vain, to wrench them open. Frustrated, he pulled out his phone to call her and she showed him her phone so he could watch as he ignored his call. I cackled in the front seat, this was going to be fun. Ryan threw his hands up in exasperation and he and Tanner went to his car, Birdie - the Painted. They TORE down the street, so naturally Katie and I followed. They swerved around corners, turning down random streets and we followed as fast as Katie's speeding compass would allow.
They pulled onto Main Street and tore after them, just making the red light they tried to lose us at. To Ryan's credit, he changed lanes abruptly, and another car followed them closely before Katie could follow. We noted the parking lot they pulled into, and turned at the next available place. We scoured the parking lot, because Birdie - the Painted - isn't that hard to find.
We finally spotted him in the Chase bank parking lot, and pulled in the spot right next to him which just happened to be open. We looked over at the car, expecting to see a suprised Ryan and Tanner, but they weren't there. After examining the car, we found that poor and innocent Ryan had left his windows open, even if the doors were locked. Do any of you really think that would've stopped Katie and I? After tripple checking that it really was Birdie - the Painted - Katie and I locked up Death - Eater of Humans - and ninjaed through his windows. We sat there, basking in the glory of a well executed plan and then the guys came out of the bank and saw us in their car.
Thats when all - well, you know - broke loose.
Tanner's hands shot in my window and started tickling me trying to get me out of his seat in the passengers side - like I could get out, the door was locked. . . duh. Ryan attacked Katie, AFTER opening the door, and she lunged back, ducking and poking at his stomach. Ryan got her out of the car and tried to close the door with him inside, but Katie abandoned all reason and reverted to our previous method - jumping through the window. She landed back on the seat and Ryan pulled her out of the car again. They ended up on the grass, and Tanner quickly occupied the drivers seat - we sat and watched the children play.
Suddenly, Ryan grabbed Katie's hands and dragged her out to the street corner. He then knelt down on one knee and asked her to marry him. Katie laughed and said yes - of course - and they embraced so enthusiastically that Ryan ended up picking her up and swinging her around in circles. They came running back to Birdie - the Painted - holding hands and laughing hysterically. Tanner and I looked at each other and I said only one thing: "I love our friends."
Once things calmed down, and Ryan forgave Katie and I for hijacking Birdie - the Painted - we all got back into our respective cars and drove to my house - glorying in each other's company.

Moments Like These

No comments:

Post a Comment